The Office of Academic Advising is here to assist you in selecting and registering for your courses, as well as to discuss the program requirements for your major. We also assist you in finding the various resources on-campus to help you excel in college (such as tutoring with Academic Support Services or internship assistance with Career Services).
- Advanced Placement
- Apply to Graduate
- Graduation Info
- Online Registration
- Meet the Staff
- If you are within your last year of graduating, you must complete a graduation application along with your final selection of courses in order to begin your graduation process. This process is not automatic.
- Graduation occurs three times a year (December, May, and August), but the Commencement exercise is only once a year in May.
- If you have attended other colleges or universities, make sure you have sent for official copies of your transcripts.
- If you cannot locate a copy of your academic plan, contact the Office of Academic Advising for a copy so that you can appropriately plan your schedule.
- When selecting your classes, make sure you have taken the prerequisites first.
- Keep your CCSJ catalog; it contains many answers to your questions.
|Biology||BIO 111||3,4 or 5||4 sem. hours|
|Chemistry||CHEM 110||3,4 or 5||4 sem. hours|
|Physics||PHY 221||3,4 or 5||4 sem. hours|
|Calculus (AB)||MATH 220||4 or 5||3 sem. hours|
|English Composition||ENGL 103||4 or 5||3 sem. hours|
|American History||HIST 230, 240||4 or 5||6 sem. hours|
|American Government||PLS 220||4 or 5||3 sem. hours|
|Art History||MFA 280||4 or 5||3 sem. hours|
|MFA 280, 281||5||6 sem. hours|
|Macro Economics||ECO 210||4 or 5||3 sem. hours|
|Macro Economics||ECO 211||4 or 5||3 sem. hours|
|Psychology||PSY 100||4 or 5||3 sem. hours|
|Spanish||SPN 103, 104||3,4 or 5||6 sem. hours|
Preparing for graduation is a very exciting time for students and one of the most important steps in preparing for graduation is completing your application for graduation. Please keep in mind that the graduation process is not automatic and before you can be listed as a degree candidate, you must complete your application for graduation (which includes the graduation checklist). This should be completed by the deadline stipulated in the Schedule of Classes which is always at the beginning of the last semester of your current program.
Below are the directions for completing your graduation checklist and applying for graduation:
- Log into your MyCCSJ account
- Under Student Records go to Graduation Checklist
- You will then see steps including Review Personal Information, Review Student Record Information, Review Student Billing Account, and Apply for Degree
- You must review all steps before you can proceed with applying for your degree. You will also be required to submit payment of your graduation fee, therefore, if you are unsure if you are ready to complete your graduation application or if you have taken a break in your program and would like to find out what you should do to stay on track for graduation, please contact the Office of Academic Advising.
- Once your application for graduation has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email to your CCSJ email account within 7 days informing you that you have been added to the graduation list as a degree candidate. Your application for graduation status will also show as Accepted. Please remember that being a degree candidate indicates that you have approached the final phase of your degree requirements. You must still pass all required courses in order to remain on that graduation candidate list. If you are not eligible to be listed as a degree candidate, you will receive an email with those details as well.
Additionally, a graduation packet with details about the May commencement ceremony and other graduation events will be provided in January.
Deadlines for Graduation
Preparing for graduation is a very exciting time for students and one of the most important steps in preparing for graduation is completing your application for graduation. Please keep in mind that the graduation process is not automatic and before you can be listed as a degree candidate, you must complete your graduation checklist and application.
Deadlines will be listed here once they are confirmed.
Current and Returning Students
Current and returning students may register by completing a registration form or by registering online using MyCCSJ. Students must have all tuition and fees paid in full. A student's registration form will not be processed unless the student has a zero balance with the Business Office.
- Login to your MyCCSJ Account
- Click on "Records"
- Click on "Course Registration"
- Enter your advisor pin number (contact an Academic Advisor at (219) 473-4220 or email@example.com to receive your pin number)
- Select a term (e.g., Fall 2015 is 2015-1 or Spring 2016 is 2015-2)
- Click on "add courses"
- Select "search" to find desired course(s)
- Click on desired course(s)
- Click on "register" button. To drop a course, click on "drop" next to registered course